2021 Wrap Up
December 23rd, 2021
26 mins 47 secs
About this Episode
Georgia Bullen | Memo Esparza | Eriol Fox | Richard Littauer
Hello and welcome to Sustain Open Source Design! The podcast where we talk about sustaining open source with design. Learn how we, as designers, interface with open source in a sustainable way, how we integrate into different communities, and how we as coders, work with other designers. Today, as we wrap up 2021 and our first year of doing this podcast, we get reacquainted with each of our panelists as they give us a little history of their backgrounds and their involvement in open source. We talk about some of our favorite conversations, episodes, and guests that we had on, as well as the most memorable moments. We’re also looking forward to 2022 and discussions we would like to have for future episdoes that would be of interest to everyone listening out there. Also, if you want to be a guest or if you want to get more involved in these types of conversations we have on this podcast, we’re going to let you know where you can go to get plugged in to be a part of our community. Go ahead and download this episode now to find out much more and thank you for joining us!
[00:00:53] Since it’s been a year since we started doing this podcast, the panelists introduce themselves and give a little history of their backgrounds.
[00:07:52] Richard and Memo tell us their most favorite conversations, guests, and episodes that they really enjoyed this year.
[00:11:36] Eriol shares four things that are most memorable to her, which include the guests on this podcasts being from all different parts of the world, the diversity of what design means being covered so broadly, guests coming in talking about different communities, and conversations about what it means to be a designer.
[00:14:52] Georgia reflects on what this podcast was set up to accomplish and she wonders what else is on the panelists minds about conversations on what it means to be a designer, the state of sustaining open source design at the moment, and future discussions they want to have.
[00:21:41] Find out different places you can get involved and join us besides listening to this podcast, such as the Sustain Discourse, the Open Design discussion channel, the Sustain Slack, and if you want to be a guest on the podcast please contact us.
[00:22:38] As we look forward to 2022, the panelists share parting thoughts on things they want to do and people they want to thank for being a part of this podcast.
- Open Source Design Twitter
- Open Source Design
- Open Source Design Discourse
- Sustain Design & UX working group
- SustainOSS Discourse
- Sustain Open Source Twitter
- Richard Littauer Twitter
- Georgia Bullen Twitter
- Eriol Fox Twitter
- Memo Esparza Twitter
- Sustain Open Source Design Podcast-Episode 5: Bryan Paget on Open Source Developers with Design Thinking
- Sustain Open Source Design Podcast-Episode 10: Justin Scherer on Open Source Design at Stax
- Imposter Syndrome & Design- Who gets to say “I’m a designer?”-Human Rights Centered Design
- Simply Secure
- Open Collective
- Eriol Fox’s PhD research into Design and Humanitarian Open Source Software-GitHub
- The user is drunk-Richard Littauer Website
- Sustain Open Source Design Podcast-Episode 16: Jérémy Landes on Type Designing
- Sustain Podcast-Episode 100: Only Hosts, on who are are, where we came from, and where we’re going
- Produced by Richard Littauer
- Edited by Paul M. Bahr at Peachtree Sound
- Show notes by DeAnn Bahr Peachtree Sound